The celebration took place at the Joan Antoni Samaranch Olympic Sports Museum. During the night, different awards were presented to the best feature films in each category.
The president of the Barcelona Olympic Foundation and councilor for Sport, David Escudé, presented the Àmfora Ciutat de Barcelona award for best film to “La cumbre es el camino”. Álvaro Sanz and Javier Palacios, director and producer, wanted to narrate the adventure of three boys with intellectual disabilities who want to get out of the routine, break down barriers and travel from Albacete to Nepal. The goal of the three characters was to be able to walk from Lukla to Everest Base Camp, over 5,600m.
The Chinese play “RUN! SHUNZI ”, directed by Chunliang Zhao and produced by Shanshan Zou, won the Special Jury Prize. The production was inspired by the personal experience of Zhang Deshun, a member of China's national women's marathon team. The protagonist of the story, Shunzi, dreams of becoming a runner and throughout the film she continues her journey to the top of the mountain.
The great diversity of awards is what characterizes the festival. Among them are the following:
- Award for the best documentary production, MESSI, EL DESÈ ART, Catalan production directed by Jordi Ramos, Xavi Torres and Santi Padró and produced by Televisió de Catalunya - CCMA S.A.
- Award for best documentary production, LOS OTROS. LA VERDAD DE MÍRIAM, Spanish production directed by Jose Larraza and produced by Ander Gómez.
- Award for best fiction film, ASCENSO, produced by director Juanjo Giménez.
- Award for the best film of Adventure Sports, BALANDRAU, L'INFERN GLAÇAT, Catalan production directed by Guille Cascante and produced by Tono Folguera, Guille Cascante, Montse Armengou, Sergi Moreno (Lastor Media, Goroka, TV3) .
- Sport as a Cooperation Tool Award, CHARLIE SURFER, Norwegian and Irish production directed by Pia Strømme
- Award for Best Animated Film, COMEBACK, a Latvian production directed and produced by Vladimir Leschiov.
Thus, concludes the 12th edition of the BCN Sports Film Festival with the speech of Mireia Vicente, TV3 journalist, who has been the master of ceremonies.